I was fascinated by this presentation. The way he incorporated visual elements to demonstrate his points was simply amazing. The graphics were an integral part of his presentaion and made them far more interesting. Truthfully, the statistics were far more believable because of his visual additions. I think he really understands what visual assists are there for. They are back-up, not merely a picture to show you thought ahead.
I think the biggest takeaway from this is to pick and chose carefully what graphics, etc. you use. Think about your audience and why they may want visual assist. Adding this to the discussion of bad powerpoint really demonstrates where you can go right and where you can go very, very wrong.
Angie
I too loved how his graphics backed up his words and visually demonstrated his point.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you. I think that it is important to not only say the message, but in a circumstance such as his, show the content as well. Presenting information from multiple fronts can be a very effective way to demonstrate material in a way that helps others learn, and also keep them interested because of the variety of techniques.
ReplyDeleteyes, yes, yes! Make sure every single thing on each slide has a reason to be there.
ReplyDelete